Information in the news releases is current as of the date of the press announcement. Subject to change without prior notice. Please visit the Products page for the latest information on our products.

July 9, 2007, 12:00:00 am
FiberTech becoming a subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd.

Announcement of change of shareholders

A basic agreement on the plan to make FiberTech a subsidiary of Fujikura (listed on the First Section of the Tokyo / Osaka Stock Exchange) has been reached

A medical device company FiberTech Co., Ltd. (head office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, President: Shinya Miike, hereinafter “FiberTech”) has announced that its 100% parent company, Internet Research Institute, Inc. (head office: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, President: Hiroshi Fujiwara, hereinafter “IRI”) and Fujikura Ltd. (head office: Koto-ku, Tokyo, President: Kazuhiko Ohashi, hereinafter “Fujikura”) have signed an agreement to transfer 97.5% of FiberTech’s shares from IRI to Fujikura. Concurrently, IRI and Shinya Miike, FiberTech’s President, have signed an agreement to transfer the remaining 2.5% of FiberTech’s shares from IRI to Shinya Miike. Accordingly, FiberTech will become a subsidiary of Fujikura as of July 10, 2007.

Over the past 3 years with the strong support of IRI, FiberTech has conducted business activities centering on ultra-thin fiberscopes under its company philosophy of “offering less-invasive and non-invasive medical devices, and developing technologies for seeing the invisible, thereby providing gentle remedies to patients and medical staffs”. At the same time, as a member of IRI group, FiberTech has gained a foothold in introducing IT to the medical field. FiberTech is determined to strengthen partnership with Fujikura to pursue company growth and also to contribute to society through its business activities.

Retunr to Index